Preventing dental diseases in Weston, MA children is our top priority as pediatric dental professionals. We believe that preventing dental problems in children is wiser, healthier, and kinder than fixing the problems after they have already occurred.
We offer a variety of treatments designed to keep your children’s teeth and gums healthy and free of disease, including:
- Fluoride treatments. Slows or prevents the demineralization (breakdown) of healthy enamel and helps to re- mineralize weak spots in the enamel. Topical treatments help to reduce cavities in children who face an increased risk for this common dental disease.
- Dental sealants. Toothbrushes can’t get into the pits and grooves of the molars’ biting surfaces to remove all food and plaque. We use sealants to create a barrier for those difficult-to-reach surfaces to help keep them cavity-free.
- Counseling on proper nutrition and dietary habits. This information is available for our young patients as well as their parents or caregivers.
- Proper brushing and flossing instruction. Personalized instructions are critical for removing bacterial plaque and food particles.
- Guidance of erupting teeth. Directing tooth eruption can improve orthodontic treatment results and can prevent the need for tooth extraction or more serious orthodontic treatments when your child is older.
As a parent or caregiver, if you also believe in sparing your child from unnecessary dental problems, then we want to partner with you on this very important mission. We are here to care for your youngest family members, but we are also here to support you when it comes to tips, education, and advice as it relates to your child’s oral health. We believe that your efforts at home, between dental visits, can be just as powerful as our efforts within the dental office as we work together to protect your child’s oral health.
Custom Athletic Mouth Guards
We fabricate custom made athletic mouth guards for our patients. A custom fitted mouth guard will allow the child to breath and speak easier, thus enabling them to wear it more to prevent injury and concussion.
To learn more about the preventive dental care that we offer, please contact our office today.